In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy
- Pupquest This is a great guide for how to evaluate a good breeder, rescue or shelter, as well as a list of genetic diseases by ailment and dog breed.
- Heartworm Society Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here.
- petBASICS from Bayer - Information about fleas, ticks and other pesky parasites (and how to protect your pet against them!)
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center. They are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members.
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine.
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting excellence in the practice of veterinary acupuncture, as an integral part of the total veterinary health care delivery system.
- Lots of Love Cat Rescue is a group of volunteer animal lovers whose mission is to rescue, provide sanctuary, re-home abandoned, stray and neglected cats.
- PAWS (Protection of Animals in Wakefield Society) is an all-volunteer, non-profit animal welfare organization. Their mission is to promote and protect the rights and well-being of all domestic animals and wildlife, and foster a greater understanding of animal welfare and animal rights through education.
- House Rabbit Network specializes in Rabbit Education and Adoption in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Connecticut.
- HomeAgain Pet Recovery is an all-inclusive pet recovery and protection service, dedicated to the safety and well-being of your pet.
- Links to Pet Health Insurance Companies:
- Royal Canin Pet Food
- The Honest Kitchen
- Dog Food Advisor - Reviews and rates dog food brands to help pet owners make a more informed decision when shopping for dog food. There is also important information about pet food recalls.
- How to administer subcutaneous fluids video- a helpful link for pet owners who need to give subcutaneous fluids to their pet at home
- Pet Airline Travel Tips - for clients traveling with pets by plane
- Pet Travel Resources - a great resource links to pet friendly hotels, as well as information about safely traveling with your pet.
- Catalyst Council - provides helpful tips and videos for cat owners
- Veterinary Oral Health Council - information about periodontal (gum) disease and a list of approved products to help you maintain your pets dental health.
- Healthy Mouth is a water additive that is clinically proven to reduce plaque for dental care in dogs, cats and horses. It contains 100% human grade ingredients, is free of all synthetic, artificial ingredients, alcohol and contains no calories, fat, sugar or sodium.
- Association for Pet Obesity Prevention - provides weight loss tips/tools, as well as calorie content for common pet foods.
Follow us on FACEBOOK or @PARKSTREETVET on TWITTER for fun facts and pet health in the news!!